Comprehensive one day course aimed to cover the scope of practice of
A one-day comprehensive course covering caries management in deciduous and permanent dentition starting from local anaesthetic administration, Rubber dam placement, teeth restoration and ending with deciduous teeth extraction.
Course Aims and objectives:
- To understand the management of caries in primary and permanent dentitions
- Extraction of erupted deciduous teeth under local anaesthetic
- Assess and manage caries, occlusion, and tooth wear, and, where appropriate, restore the dentition using the principle of minimal intervention, maintaining function and aesthetics
- Restore teeth using a wide range of treatments and materials appropriate to the patient including permanent and temporary direct restorations, maintaining function and aesthetics
- Provide pulp treatment for deciduous teeth
- Restore deciduous teeth using preformed crowns
- Understand the scope of practice of a dental therapist
- Competence in provision of different direct restorations (Amalgam and composite fillings)
- Recognise the management of dental trauma
- Recognize the importance of primary prevention (Fissure sealant, fluoride application, dietary chart, and NICE recall intervals)
- Understand the indications and contraindications of pulpotomy, pulpectomy
- Competence in provision of adequate pain control (infiltration, Inferior alveolar nerve block)
- Competence in deciduous teeth extraction
Who is the course for?
- Registered dental therapist
- Please bring your loupes if you normally use them
Structure and teaching:
-It will be delivered as a series of interactive seminars combined with clinical hands-on laboratory training.
-You will be working on phantom heads- these offer the closest experience available to working on live patients.
Total of 8 hours of verifiable CPD and a certificate of attendance
All EA Dental tutors are experienced professional. You will be asked to submit written feedback via a questionnaire at the end of the course, which is used to monitor the course teaching quality.