Periodontitis treatment: Step 1 & 2 An Evidence Based Approach
Gain confidence in supra and subgingival PMPR using ultrasonic scalers, hand scalers and curettes. A one-day focused hands on training led by a periodontal specialist on phantom heads targeting small candidate groups to ensure high quality teaching.
One-day evidence-based course is to provide attendees with basic required knowledge and it’s clinical implication in relation to initial management of patients with Periodontitis based on recent consensus guidelines.
Dr Haniyeh Moaven
BDS, DClinDent in Periodontology, M Perio (RCS-Ed) Clinical teacher at QMUL, Clinical research assistant at KCL
- To highlight the examination process and use of diagnostic imaging to facilitate diagnosis and treatment planning.
- To provide valuable insight into clinical application of the EFP and BSP guidelines.
- To provide instruction for precise and accurate treatment planning within the scope of dental hygienist and dental therapist.
- To enable clinicians to distinguish between supra bony and infrabony defects using clinical and radiographic data.
- To provide guidance based on available evidence to prescribe appropriate antimicrobials as an adjunct in non-surgical management of periodontal disease.
- To discuss basics of instrumentation using hand and powered instruments.
- Filling out the hygienist prescription within the hospital setting.
- To discuss medicolegal aspects of documentation and discussions with patients.
- To develop skills of competency in comprehending the EFP and BSP classification and treatment guidelines of periodontal and peri-implant disease .
- To develop and manifest required skills to recognise and assess individual risk factors and risk indicators such as smoking and provide adequate management.
- To develop and manifest required skills to recognise and assess individual risk factors in relation to a patient’s medical history such as diabetes mellitus that can affect the management and outcome of periodontal treatment.
- To introduce the need for correct interpretation of radiographic data in combination with clinical findings to formulate a solid treatment plan, specific to patient needs.
- To develop fine practical skills of using hand and powered instruments for supra and sub gingival professional mechanical plaque removal to achieve optimal results.
- To discuss the concept of Minimally Invasive Non-Surgical Therapy (MINST) and its clinical significance in management of intrabony defects.
- To develop the habit of using appropriate periodontal indices to monitor progress and stabilization of periodontal status.
- To develop the skills of using appropriate systemic and local adjunctive antimicrobials in treatment of periodontal disease.
- To stress the importance of delivering patient specific tailored oral hygiene instruction.
- To develop the skills to use SOE software to record clinical findings and keep comprehensive clinical records.
- To develop the knowledge of designing patient specific periodontal supportive care
- To diagnose stage and grade of periodontitis based on recent BSP implementation of the new classification.
- To distinguish between suprabony and infrabony periodontal defects.
- To provide adequate management and referral for patients.
- To appropriate use of instruments for debridement.
- To prescribe adjunctive antimicrobials as necessary.
- To understand recall interval tailored to patient specific risks based on recent treatment guidelines.
- To understand legal implications of documentation.
Dr Haniyeh ,you are absolutely Amazing Teacher, your way of teaching is next level ,as attended Periodontitis treatment: Step 1 An Evidence Based Approach on Sunday 02/04/2023 and delighted to share my experience here that anybody interested in attending any of the courses here, including preparing for their Overseas Registration Exams , ,they must avail this opportunity and attend course/s and get in touch with EA Dental Academy Westbury House, HA5 3HR Once again Thank you very much EA Team,
Haniyeh amazing lecturer. Answered every question, took her time to explain every topic. Excellent course for beginners. Small group just 5ppl. Practical session great. Tutor has check every step of the practical.