What courses do you provide?
Supercharge Your Exam Preparation with Our Exclusive Subscriptions!
We understand that acing the ORE1 exam requires comprehensive and targeted study materials. That’s why we offer a range of subscription options to cater to your specific needs. Choose the bundle that suits you best and unlock the path to success:
Here is an example of our pre-recorded lecture video
Frequently asked questions?
- Paper A covers clinically applied dental science and clinically applied human disease.
- Paper B covers aspects of clinical dentistry, including law and ethics and health and safety.
- Visit the GDC (General Dental Council) website. You can access their website by typing “GDC” into your preferred search engine.
- Navigate to the ORE section. Look for the tab or menu option related to the Overseas Registration Exam (ORE) on the GDC website.
- Access the application form. Within the ORE1 section, you should find a link or button to download the ORE application form. Click on it to initiate the download.
- Review the guidance document. Along with the application form, there should be an attached guidance document. It contains important instructions and explanations on how to complete the application accurately. Take the time to carefully read through it.
- Complete the application form. Open the downloaded application form and fill in the required information. Ensure that you provide accurate and up-to-date details as requested.
- Submit the application. Once you have completed the application form, follow the instructions provided to submit it to the GDC. This will involve mailing it to the designated address. Refer to the guidance document or the GDC website for specific submission instructions.
- Await confirmation and further instructions. The GDC will review your application and communicate with you regarding the next steps in the process usually within 6 weeks. Be patient during this period and check your email regularly for any updates or requests for additional documentation.
The Part 1 exam is held at King’s College London and costs £806. Please note, the exam fee is not normally refundable.
ORE vs. LDS—Unlocking Your Dental Future!
When it comes to obtaining the coveted GDC number and practicing dentistry in the UK, both the ORE (Overseas Registration Exam) and LDS (Licentiate Dental Surgery) exams offer a similar outcome. Let’s dive deeper into the unique features of each exam and the added benefits they bring:
ORE: The ORE, conducted by the esteemed General Dental Council (GDC), is a rigorous exam that assesses your knowledge and skills in dentistry. Successfully completing the ORE grants you the right to practice dentistry in the UK. It serves as your gateway to a thriving dental career, enabling you to pursue your passion and contribute to the oral health of patients. For more comprehensive information on the ORE, please refer to the link provided.
LDS: The LDS exam, administered by the prestigious Royal College of Surgeons, not only grants you the right to practice dentistry in the UK but also bestows you with an additional title—Licentiate Dental Surgery (LDS). This distinguished title signifies your achievement and dedication to the field of dentistry, enhancing your professional standing. For a deeper understanding of the LDS exam, please consult the link provided.
- Oxford Handbook of Applied Dental Sciences: This book provides a comprehensive overview of the applied dental sciences, covering topics such as anatomy, physiology, pathology, pharmacology, and more. It serves as a valuable reference for the basic science subjects tested in the ORE exam.
- Oxford Handbook of Clinical Dentistry (7th edition): This handbook is a popular resource among dental students and practitioners. It offers practical guidance and concise information on clinical topics relevant to dentistry. It covers various specialties and provides clinical tips and guidelines.
- Scully’s Medical Problems in Dentistry (7th edition): This book focuses on medical conditions that can impact dental treatment. It provides insights into the management of patients with medical issues, helping you develop a comprehensive understanding of dental care in the context of various medical conditions.
- Master Dentistry: Volume 1: This book covers essential dental knowledge and clinical skills required for general dental practice. It provides a structured approach to different topics, including restorative dentistry, periodontology, endodontics, and more.
- Master Dentistry: Volume 2: Building upon the first volume, this book delves deeper into advanced topics in dentistry, including prosthodontics, orthodontics, oral medicine, and oral surgery. It offers detailed explanations and practical tips for these specialized areas.
- Essentials of Dental Radiography and Radiology: Radiography and radiology play a crucial role in dental practice. This book provides an understanding of dental imaging techniques, interpretation of radiographs, and the diagnostic process related to oral and maxillofacial radiology.