Are you planning to take your ORE / LDS exam in 2022? Has it been a long time since you last did any revision and are you worried about how much you may have forgotten?
Join us for a full day intensive OSCE’s revision session covering the latest dental guideline updates and how it will reflect in your exams
Join our comprehensive one day OSCE’s revision course and benefit from an in-depth discussion of recent dental guideline updates, one to one evaluation and intense practice of exam OSCE scenarios.
ORE 2 – Objective Structured Clinical Reasoning
This full one day course includes:
- Written OSCE’s
- Skilled OSCE’s
- Actor OSCE’s
In a stimulated exam condition challenge yourself by completing:
Study material will be provided.
Challenge yourself on timing, efficiency, and accuracy and we’ll be there to guide you all the way.
Course fee: £350*
Course times: 8:30am – 5:30pm
1. Prepare the candidates for the OSCE’s component of the ORE2 examination.
2. Familiarise participants with the OSCE set-up, process, and content.
3.Help participants identify gaps in their skills and knowledge.
In-depth discussion of all exam relevant actor stations:
- Pain (history and management)
- Oral lesions (history and management)
- TMJ disorders (history and management)
- Periodontal disease (diagnosis and management)
- Paediatric dentistry (nursing caries/fluoride/fissure sealants)
- Dental traumatology
- Orthodontics (impacted canines/supernumerary teeth/removable appliances)
In-depth discussion of multiple skilled/written OSCE’s:
- IOPA arrangement
- Intramuscular injection
- Radiographic film holders
- Denture analysis
- Rubber dam placement
- Partial denture design
- Dental charting
- Prescription writing
- Referral letters
- IOTN scoring
- X-Ray reporting
- Scope of practice
- Extraction positions
- Oral surgery instrumentation
- Dietary chart
- 6 point periodontal examination
- Cover a Total of 70 OSCE stations.
- Gain confidence in performing essential skilled OSCE stations.
- Gain confidence in handling challenging actor OSCE stations (management of angry patients, breaking bad news and staff disciplinary procedures).
- Discussion of recent updates in radiography, restorative and paediatric dentistry guidelines.
- Gain basic skills in history taking and clinical examination.
Please note that upon attendance and successful completion of the course, a certificate stating 6 verifiable hours of CPD will be issued to the candidate.
*Courses are non-refundable.